Software Engineering Team Lead (CA/UT)
3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, and Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
3PL Central is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Team Lead to join our talented software development team. You will lead a talented engineering team and will also help ensure code is well-written and architected according to best practices for performance, scalability, reliability, and usability. You will be also a key player helping to migrate one of our core products from Azure to AWS while also ensuring that this product can scale as we grow its customer base.
- Be a hands-on, contributing developer on your team
- Maintain and enhance a system hosted with a cloud provider (e.g. Azure or AWS), allowing for visibility, health, and monitoring
- Create and/or operate an automated build pipeline that includes compilation, unit testing, and artifact harvesting (Jenkins or the like; scripting, like Powershell), ensuring visibility into all aspects of the pipeline
- Assist with automating the deployment of cloud-based systems, including automated running of integration and end-to-end tests, ensuring visibility into those processes
- Define and/or standardize processes across a development team for all phases of the SDLC: branching strategy, coding guidelines, build scripts, automated testing (unit/integration/end-to-end/load), deployment procedures, obsolescence planning, etc.
- Manage the development team's work, assist with daily standups, coordinate case assignment, and manage branching strategies and release merges
- Review business requirements with Product Management, perform technical analysis of requirements, and participate in the estimation process
- Be part of architectural discussions and decisions for new applications across our technology stack
- Oversee development efforts
- Recruit, mentor, and support team members
- Monitor escalation channels, investigate the issues (or delegate the investigation)
- Clearly document processes and procedures
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in full-stack development, architecture, and engineering
- Demonstrated ability to build enterprise-level software
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud development
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft .NET / C#
- Mobile development experience: Android/iOS/Web
- Extensive experience with Automated Testing (especially Unit and Integration, preferably also End-to-End and Load)
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Extensive experience with REST Web Services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with individuals across the organization
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Experience with ticket/release management tools, e.g. Jira
- Experience with Git (GitLab) and Jenkins
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Microsoft Azure and/or AWS certifications highly desirable
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest performing team of professionals, 3PL Central focuses on recruiting a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, 3PL Central’s recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at 3PL Central are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.