Software Engineering Manager (CA/UT)
3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, and Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
The Software Development Manager is a leadership role accountable for the successful delivery of software. Managing one or more teams of developers, you will work closely with other members of the Product and Engineering team to deliver software that meets customer needs.
- Lead and manage multiple Software Development teams to deliver software, infrastructure, and architecture that meets the needs of users
- Recruit, onboard, train, and retain top Software Engineering talent
- Ensure delivery consistent with Agile best practices
- Work effectively with Product Managers, Product Owners, and other Software Development leaders to ensure deliverables are on-time, high-quality, and on-budget
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage, and provide progress on all software development activities.
- Be accountable for the on-time and to-quality delivery of software development projects
- Create, implement, and maintain a continuous improvement plan for Software Engineers
- Review and apply best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the Product Strategy
- Identify technology trends and implement solutions that will be able to support the future success of the business
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained within the team(s)
- Drive and maintain consistent standards
- Ensure that the skills and experience of Software Development teams are consistent with the business needs for providing quality in present and future services
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 10+ years of hands-on coding experience using more than one recognized industry-standard language (e.g., C++, Java, C#, Node.js)
- 3+ years of experience in leading and managing teams of software developers
- AWS Cloud experience
- A strong understanding of the Agile software development cycle and experience with leading teams working in an Agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Understanding of databases
- Knowledge of web services and standards
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Ability to articulate and gain engagement for ideas with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to motivate people in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A track record of successfully designing and developing sophisticated software products deployed in a variety of environments
- An ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Master’s degree in the field of computer science.
- Microsoft Azure and/or AWS certifications are highly desirable.
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest performing team of professionals, 3PL Central focuses on recruiting a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, 3PL Central’s recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at 3PL Central are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.