Software Engineering Lead (UT)
3PL Central is the fastest growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, and Target and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
3PL Central is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Lead to join our talented development team based in Salt Lake City, Utah. You will lead a team working on core warehouse management features like small parcel shipping and mobile barcode scanning. You will also help ensure code is well-written and architected according to best practices for performance, scalability, reliability, and usability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the development team’s work, assist with daily standup, coordinate case assignment, manage branching strategies, and release merges
- Review business requirements with Product Management, perform technical analysis of requirements, participate in the estimation process
- Be part of architectural discussions and decisions for new applications across our technology stack
- Contribute ideas for making the applications better and easier to use
- Oversee development efforts across the small parcel shipping and scanner applications
- Recruit, mentor, and support team members
- Be a hands-on, contributing developer on your team
- Monitor escalation channels, investigate the issues, or delegate the investigation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in full-stack development, architecture, and engineering
- Demonstrated ability to build enterprise-level software
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft .NET / C#
- Extensive experience with Unit Testing
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Extensive experience with REST Web Services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with individuals across the organization
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Experience with ticket/release management tools, e.g. Jira
- Experience with Git (GitLab) and Jenkins
- Microsoft Azure and/or AWS certifications highly desirable
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
3PL Central fosters an environment that focuses on continuous self-improvement and learning. By joining, you will be given an opportunity to flourish in your new role. You will be welcomed by like-minded team members and mentored by management that is eager to assist you in your professional development.
Please note, 3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. Any resume submitted by search firms via this website or directly to hiring managers will be considered unsolicited resumes, and 3PL Central will not be responsible for any fee in connection with these submissions.