Software Engineering Team Lead – Integration Services (UT)
3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
3PL Central is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Team Lead to join our talented development team based in Salt Lake City, Utah. You will build and lead a team working on a new cloud-based microservice platform that will offer rate shopping and label printing from a variety of sources. The team will also oversee all the various integrations that connect our platform to other platforms in the ecosystem including shopping carts, ERPs, and accounting systems. You will ensure code is well-written and architected according to best practices for performance, scalability, reliability, and usability.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee development efforts for the lntegration Services offerings
- Manage the development team's work, assist with daily standup, coordinate case assignment, and manage branching strategies and release merges
- Review business requirements with Product Management, perform technical analysis of requirements, and participate in the estimation process
- Be part of architectural discussions and decisions for new applications across our technology stack
- Contribute ideas for making the application better and easier to use
- Recruit, mentor, and support team members including outsourced off/near-shore resources
- Be a hands-on, contributing developer on your team
- Monitor escalation channels, investigate the issues, or delegate the investigation
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in development, architecture, and engineering
- Demonstrated ability to architecting solutions in cloud environments
- Deep knowledge of Node.js
- Extensive experience with REST Web Services
- Extensive experience with Unit Testing
- Extensive experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Experience with ticket/release management tools, e.g. Jira
- Experience with Git (GitLab) and Jenkins
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with individuals across the organization
Bonus Points If You Have:
- AWS or other cloud certifications highly desirable
- Experience leading a small team of engineers
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest performing team of professionals, 3PL Central focuses on recruiting a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, 3PL Central’s recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at 3PL Central are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.