Sales Engineer (CA/UT)
3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
The Sales Team is uniquely positioned to understand not only the long-term needs of the client base but also the potential of the technology that 3PL Central is building. Sales Engineers love solving problems with technology, communicating with internal and external resources and utilizing any means necessary to ensure unparalleled customer experience and product adoption. By coupling these values with scalable processes, we can provide solutions that solve customer and prospect problems using 3PL Warehouse Manager, it’s add-on modules and our partners.
This role will be heavily involved in the new sales process, providing technical demos and helping customers transition from prospects into long term strategic accounts.
What you will do:
- To start, you will work from our beautiful, newly designed office located at The Point in El Segundo, less than a mile from the beach. You’ll have the opportunity to join a group of collaborative, driven, fun-seeking professionals that play an integral role in helping us build our business.
- Lead technical sales demos that demonstrate best practices, and define our software’s value proposition and ROI
- Collaborate with Sales, Success, Product, Engineering and other cross-functional teams, serving as a subject matter expert and technical knowledge resource to provide the highest quality customer experience
- Contribute to written, recorded and live educational content, including webinars andoom-style presentations and learning events
- Work with all teams to gather and disseminate information on behalf of the Sales Team
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership with customers and our organization through consultations, presentations, technical evaluations, objection handling, and other discussions
This is an amazing opportunity to combine your technical acumen and warehouse operations experience to provide solutions that help land new customers and help existing customers grow their businesses. We build relationships based on our expertise, engagement, follow-through, and success. This is a high visibility area of our business and we are looking to grow.
- 2+ years of experience in a “customer facing” environment such as technical sales or consulting within the logistics or transportation industry
- 2+ years of recent warehouse operations experience or equivalent warehouse consulting experience including: Barcode scanning, retail fulfillment, cross-dock, pick and pack and cold storage
- 2+ years of recent experience with e-commerce fulfillment and Small Parcel shipping
- 2+ years of recent experience using or implementing warehouse management software
- Strong Interest in solving problems with technology
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management users
- Demonstrated and measurable success in a sales or sales engineering role
Bonus points if you have:
- Strong knowledge of KPIs, metrics and data analytics used for performance improvement
- Experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships and demonstrating strong account management skills
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple high-visibility projects through completion
- Experience with EDI, Retail Fulfillment and omnichannel logistics.
- Self-starting and motivated to solve customer problems and assist all business units to achieve growth and success
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest performing team of professionals, 3PL Central focuses on recruiting a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, 3PL Central’s recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at 3PL Central are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.