Sales Engineer (CA)
3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
The Customer Success Team is uniquely positioned to understand not only the long-term needs of the client base but also the potential of the technology that 3PL Central is building. Sales Engineers love solving problems with technology, communicating with internal and external resources, and utilizing any means necessary to ensure unparalleled customer experience and product adoption. By coupling these values with scalable processes, we can provide solutions that solve real business challenges using 3PL Central’s suite of products and services.
This role will be heavily involved in the Customer Success upsell and customer retention process, providing technical demos and solutions.
What You Will Have Achieved in a Year:
Build Best Practices: You will help translate real-world operational tasks into optimized automated workflows that scale at the pace of business
Subject Matter Expertise: You will continually learn and apply strategies and cutting-edge themes in exciting growth areas such as e-commerce delivery and online ordering
Help Customers Succeed: You will have a direct impact on the success of new and existing customers by reimagining their businesses in order to compete in the dynamic omnichannel fulfillment space
As a Sales Engineer You Will:
- Lead technical sales demos that demonstrate best practices and define our software’s value proposition and ROI
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers (CSMs), Product, Engineering and other cross-functional teams, serving as a subject matter expert and technical knowledge resource to provide the highest quality customer experience
- Contribute to written, recorded, and live educational content, including webinars and classroom-style presentations, and learning events
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership with customers and our organization through consultations, presentations, technical evaluations, objection handling, and other discussions
This is an amazing opportunity to combine your technical acumen and warehouse operations experience to provide solutions that help land new customers and help existing customers grow their businesses. We build relationships based on our expertise, engagement, follow-through, and success. This is a high visibility area of our business and we are looking to grow.
- 3-5 years of experience in a “customer-facing” environment such as technical sales or consulting within the logistics or transportation industry
- 3-5 years of recent warehouse operations experience or equivalent warehouse consulting experience including: Barcode scanning, retail fulfillment, cross-dock, pick and pack, and cold storage
- 3-5 years of recent experience with e-commerce fulfillment and Small Parcel shipping
- 3-5 years of recent experience using or implementing warehouse management software
- Strong Interest in solving problems with technology
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management users
- Demonstrated and measurable success in a sales or sales engineering role
- Strong knowledge of KPIs, metrics, and data analytics used for performance improvement
- Experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships and demonstrating strong account management skills
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple high-visibility projects through completion
- Experience with EDI, retail fulfillment, and omnichannel logistics.
- Self-starting and motivated to solve customer problems and assist all business units to achieve growth and success
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work in our booming space located less than a mile from the beach in El Segundo/Silicon Beach.
For more information, please apply below or submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or 888-375-2368.
Please note, 3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms. Any resume submitted by search firms via this website or directly to hiring managers will be considered unsolicited resumes, and 3PL Central will not be responsible for any fee in connection with these submissions.