Database Administrator (UT)
3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
3PL Central is seeking an experienced DBA to join our Operations team based in Utah. This position will be the go-to position for the operation of our databases including reporting, indexing, security, clustering, and replication.
What You Will Do:
● Maintain the performance of database servers including 1000+ SQL Server databases
● Architect and migrate existing systems to cloud native approaches
● Recommend and implement emerging database technologies
● Develop processes for optimizing database security
● Manage database access
● Tune the performance of database systems including SQL Server and Postgres
● Set database usage standards with developers
● Manage schema updates and code-driven DB changes with developers
● Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
● Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards
● Create automation for repeating database tasks
● Recommend optimizations to existing application queries.
● Provide oversight and manage AWS cloud-native RDBMS and NoSQL DBs for new product lines
● Be a part of rotating on-call schedules
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or relevant experience
● 7+ years of experience in database administration and architecture
● Experience with Windows Server environments
● Strong command of MSSQL and SQL server tools
● Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
● Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
● Familiarity with SSRS
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Impeccable attention to detail
● Database optimization experience including indexes, views, query plans
● Database troubleshooting including deadlocks, blocking, and long-running queries
Bonus Points If You Have:
● Experience with PostgreSQL
● Familiarity with NoSQL concepts and use cases
● Experience with AWS (specifically RDS/Aurora)
● Experience with Linux
● Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest performing team of professionals, 3PL Central focuses on recruiting a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, 3PL Central’s recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at 3PL Central are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.