Cloud Architect (UT)
3PL Central is the fastest-growing SaaS solution in the third-party logistics market. Keeping up with the massive increase in online retail activity from companies like Amazon, Shopify, Target, and the growth in supply chain logistics can be challenging for warehouses. Born within an active 3PL warehouse, 3PL Central built the first cloud-based warehouse management platform to better serve customers and increase warehouse efficiencies to grow their businesses. We pride ourselves on understanding and delivering best practices and excellence to 3PLs and their customers.
3PL Central is looking for a talented cloud architect to lead our company's cloud projects and position in cloud environments. The candidate will play a strategic role in planning, designing, and assisting with all cloud initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud architecture and technology systems, as well as experience designing and moving applications to the cloud.
What You Will Do:
- Hands on coding
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adoption process
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software
- Develop and organize cloud systems
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy and security
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company
- Develop and coordinate cloud architecture across diverse areas including application development, identity, and access management, network and data management
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in development, architecture, and engineering
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends
- Demonstrated ability to architecting solutions in cloud environments
- Deep knowledge of Node.js
- Extensive experience with REST Web Services
- Extensive experience with Unit Testing
- Extensive experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Build and Deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Experience with ticket/release management tools, e.g. Jira
- Experience with Git (GitLab) and Jenkins
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
Bonus Points If You Have:
- AWS or other cloud certifications
- Experience building solutions per the AWS Well-Architected Framework
We look for team players. Authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to help enable and equip you for long term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest performing team of professionals, 3PL Central focuses on recruiting a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, 3PL Central’s recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at 3PL Central are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
3PL Central does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.